As new staff members join your company you will need to add them to Tempora so they can record time. Adding new staff in Tempora is a simple one-page setup, please follow the guide below.
If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button in the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
- Click Admin > User Accounts > Staff > Add New.
- Check that you have enough available licenses for the accounts you would like to add. If you have reached your limit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for your license limit to be increased.
- Enter the new user’s First Name and Last Name.
- The staff member's user name will be automatically generated from the first name and last name fields. This will be shown when another field is selected. Staff can also login using their email address.
- Enter the new staff member’s Email Address. The number of Hours Per Week that they normally work and the Joining Date. This is the date the staff member joined the company.
- If you are using the Tempora Holiday addon you can set the staff member's Annual Leave Entitlement for the year. This value should be set in days and half days. If you use Pro-rata rules to calculate holiday entitlement this field will not be displayed.
- If you are using the Tempora Holiday addon you can set the staff member's Holiday approver. This individual will be able to approve and reject holiday requests for this staff member.
- You can add additional information for this staff member by expanding the Advanced Information section.
- This section contains contains the following fields
Office - The office the staff member should be assigned to. You can add a new office by adding a tick to the check box and typing the new office name.
Department - The department the staff member should be assigned to. You can add a new department by adding a tick to the check box and typing the new department name.
Job Title - The Job title the staff member should have assigned. You can add a new job title by adding a tick to the check box and typing the new job title name.
Hourly Cost Rate - The amount it costs to employ this staff member per hour.
Hourly Selling Rate - The amount you sell this staff member's time per hour.
Timesheet Approval group - The leader of this group will be able to approve and reject timesheets for this staff member.
Net Login - If you are using the Tempora prompt this is the net login link from the machine to the user's Tempora account.
Timesheet Start Date - The date you would like the staff member to record time from
Activation Date - The date the account will become active
The Timesheet Start Date and Activation Date will automatically be set to the same as the joining date.
- Click save to create the staff member's account
- A link will be automatically sent to the new staff member’s email address that will give them their Login Code and the ability to choose their password. They will then be able to log in and start using Tempora.
(Optional) For additional information on the fields, please expand all sections and click the help icon in the bottom right to activate the user Tour
This field sets the first name of the user's account you are creating.
This field sets the last name of the user's account you are creating.
This field is auto-populated with a unique login code.
The email address to send the user's login details, the user can also log in with this address.
Normal Hours Per Week
The minimum number of hours the staff member should complete per week in their timesheet.
The date the staff member joined your company or is expected to join.
Annual Leave Entitlement
The number of holiday days this staff member will be assigned for the current year
The staff members holiday approver, this field will only be shown if your company uses the holiday system.
This dropdown sets the office this staff member will be working at.
Add new office
Ticking this checkbox will allow you to add a new office to the Tempora.
This dropdown sets the department this staff member works for.
Add new department
Ticking this checkbox will allow you to add a new department to the Tempora.
This dropdown sets the staff member's current job title
Add new job title
Ticking this checkbox will allow you to add a new job title to the Tempora.
Hourly Cost Rate
The current employment cost of this staff member per hour.
Hourly Selling Rate
The staff member's hourly rate their time can be sold to a client for, this is also known as a charge-out rate.
Timesheet Approval Group
The staff member's timesheet approval group, this field will only be displayed if your company uses time approval.
The staff member's net login is used to link their account to the Tempora prompt. This field will only be displayed if your company uses the Tempora prompt.
Timesheet Start Date
The date that this account becomes active.
You may also be interested in the following guides