As new staff members join your company you will need to add them to Tempora so they can record time. Adding new staff in Tempora is a simple one-page setup, please follow the guide below.
If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button in the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
- Click Admin > Staff > Add New.
- Check that you have enough available licenses for the accounts you would like to add. If you have reached your limit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for your license limit to be increased.
- Enter the new user’s First Name and Last Name.
- The staff member's user name will be automatically generated from the first name and last name fields. This will be shown when another field is selected. Staff can also login using their email address.
- Enter the new staff member’s Email Address. The number of Hours Per Week that they normally work and the Joining Date. This is the date the staff member joined the company.
- If you are using the Tempora Holiday addon you can set the staff member's Annual Leave Entitlement for the year. This value should be set in days and half days. If you use Pro-rata rules to calculate holiday entitlement this field will not be displayed.
- You can add additional information for this staff member by expanding the Advanced Information section.
- This section contains contains the following fields
Office - The office the staff member should be assigned to
Department - The department the staff member should be assigned to
Job Title - The Job title the staff member should have assigned
Hourly Cost Rate - The amount it costs to employ this staff member per hour
Timesheet Start Date - The date you would like the staff member to record time from
Activation Date - The date the account will become active
The Timesheet Start Date and Activation Date will automatically be set to the same as the joining date.
- Click save to create the staff member's account
- A link will be automatically sent to the new staff member’s email address that will give them their Login Code and the ability to choose their password. They will then be able to log in and start using Tempora.
(Optional) For additional information on the fields, please expand all sections and click the help icon in the bottom right to activate the user Tour
You may also be interested in the following guides