Departments are used in Tempora to group staff members together, these can be the same as departments in your organisation or different. Reports can often be broken down into departments. Restrictions can be set for a department selecting clients can be worked on by those users. You can also set holiday approval by the department.
If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button at the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
To create a new Department you will need administrator-level access to Tempora. Please login to Tempora, if you are an administrator you should see the admin tab at the top left.
- Add A New Department
Click Admin > User Accounts > Departments
- Click Add New
- Enter the name of the department in the Description field
- You can assign job titles to this department by putting a tick in check boxes in the job titles section at the bottom of the page. Please make sure at least one is ticked.
- Click Save.
- You can add a staff member to this department by amending their staff rate. Please click here for a guide on updating staff rates.
- Edit A Department
Click Admin > Departments
- Click (Department to edit) Click Edit
- You can change the name of the Department in the Description field
- You can add or remove job titles to this department by adding a tick in checkboxes at the bottom of the page. Please make sure at least one is ticked.
- Click Save.
- Delete A Department
- Click (Department to remove) Click Delete
Please note you cannot delete a Department if it is assigned to an active or inactive staff member's account. A staff members Department can be changed by using the Updating a staff members account guide.
This field sets the name of this department.
This field sets the department's external reference code, this code must be unique and is often used for matching data in other systems.
This field sets the department's account code, this code does not need to be unique and is often used for matching data in other systems.
Adding a tick to a checkbox will mark the department as inactive removing it from the selection menus.
Adds a tick to all current and future job titles, this means all job titles will be available for this department.
Adding a tick to a checkbox will set the job title as available to this department
You may also be interested in the following guides