There are many reports in Tempora that can be run to show the amount of time recorded per client, amount of time recorded by person, costs, charge out, profitability and utilisation.
This guide will focus on how to set the report criteria when running reports. Using the report criteria you can limit or expand the amount of information returned to be suitable for your needs.
We will use the report "Total Time By Client By Month" in our example. If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button in the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
- Click on the Reports button to be taken to the reports section.
- A list of report categories will be shown. We will select Popular reports
- A list of reports will be shown, we will select Total Time By Client By Month.
- Using the report criteria you can limit or expand the amount of information returned in this report. The commonly used criteria have been explained below.
Company - You can select the company to run the report for if you have access to multiple companies.
Client* - You can select a single client to run the report for.
Project* - You can select a single project from the client selected above to run the report for.
Activity* - You can select a single activity from the project selected above to run the report for.
Detail Level - You can select the level of detail to run this report for. Example selecting activity will show time recordings for the activities grouped by client and project.
Filters - You can select a filter for this report to limit the data that is returned. For more information on filters please use the guide How Do I Add Report Filters
From Period - Select the period you would like data to be returned from.
To Period - Select the period you would like data to be returned to. This report can display a maximum of 12 periods of data.
Posted Time Only - Selecting this option will only show data from timesheets that have been posted or approved.
All Time - Selecting this option will show all data from timesheets regardless of posting status.
*Please note that these are the most commonly used names but depending on your company settings these may be different. You may also have up to five time entry levels instead of the three shown in this example.
- Once you have selected your settings click on the Run button to generate the report in Tempora (or click on the Export button to generate the report in Excel, Text or PDF)
- If you selected run the report will be shown in Tempora. If this information would be beneficial to another member of your team you can click the email button to send them a copy.
- Clicking the email button will open the email pop up window. Add the recipient's email to the To: field as well as a message and click send.
Different reports may have different report criteria that you can select but the fundamentals of choosing the report criteria will always be the same.
You may also be interested in the following guides