Adding a holiday year will allow staff to request and book a holiday for that year. More than one holiday year can be active at a time e.g. The current holiday year and the next holiday year can be active at the same time.
A holiday year must have the corresponding calendar year created. Please use the following guide to add a calendar year How Do I Add A Calendar Year
If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button in the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
- Click on the Admin button:
- On the left-hand side, select Holiday > Configuration > Holiday Year
- Click on Add New, and then specify the Start Date and the End Date for the new holiday year. Use the format “ DD MM YY ” – for example, 31 Dec 2018 would be “31 12 18”. Click Save
Optional – once the previous holiday year has finished, select its Year Starting, tick the Closed checkbox, and then click Save
- Next, on the left-hand side, click on Holiday > Configuration > Public Holidays
- For each bank holiday in the new holiday year (and any other company-wide holidays, such as Christmas shutdown), click Insert, and then specify the Date of the bank holiday. Click Update after entering each Date, and then click Save after having entered all of the bank holiday dates.
- Finally, on the left-hand side, click on Holiday > Configuration > Holiday Entitlement Rules
- Set Year to the current holiday year, and then note the information shown in the table below. Now set the Year to the new holiday year. Enter the information you have previously noted, click Update, and then click Save. You will need to repeat this for all of your Staff members, also taking into account that a staff member’s entitlement (the number is shown under Days below) may have increased for the new holiday year.
- Once you have set up the new holiday year, we recommend that you ask your staff members to check their holiday entitlement in Tempora for the new holiday year and to then notify your HR department of any issues.
You may also be interested in the following guides