Adding a holiday year will allow staff to request and book a holiday for that year. More than one holiday year can be active at a time
Example: The current holiday year and the next holiday year can be active at the same time.
A holiday year must have the corresponding calendar year created. Please use the following guide to add a calendar year How Do I Add A Calendar Year
If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button in the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
- Click on the Admin button:
- On the left-hand side, select System Settings > Holiday Calendar
- Click on Add New, and then specify the Start Date and the End Date for the new holiday year. Use the format “ DD MM YY ” - for example, 31 Dec 2023 would be “31 12 23”. Click Save
Optional – once the previous holiday year has finished, select its Year Starting, tick the Closed checkbox, and then click Save
- Next, on the left-hand side, click on Holiday > Configuration > Public Holidays
- For each bank holiday in the new holiday year (and any other company-wide holidays, such as Christmas shutdown), click Insert, and then specify the Date of the bank holiday. Click Update after entering each Date, and then click Save after having entered all of the bank holiday dates.
- Finally, on the left-hand side, click on Annual Leave Entitlement
- Set Year to the current holiday year, and then note the information shown in the table below. Now set the Year to the new holiday year. Enter the information you have previously noted, click Update, and then click Save. You will need to repeat this for all of your Staff members, also taking into account that a staff member’s entitlement (the number is shown under Days below) may have increased for the new holiday year.
- Once you have set up the new holiday year, we recommend that you ask your staff members to check their holiday entitlement in Tempora for the new holiday year and to then notify your HR department of any issues.
This button allows you to add a new holiday year. Please note each holiday year must have a corresponding calendar year to allow holiday bookings.
This field allows you to select different holiday years.
When ticked this checkbox prevents a holiday year from being selected when requesting a holiday. This is used to close previous holiday years while still retaining historic holiday bookings.
This field sets when the holiday year will start. This will be the first day available in the holiday chart for requesting a holiday, this is usually set as 01 Jan.
This field sets when the holiday year will end. This will be the last day available in the holiday chart for requesting a holiday, this is usually set as 31 Dec.
You may also be interested in the following guides