Budgets can be allocated on a per person basis for the completion of a project for a particular client. Once budgets are allocated, you can then run reports to determine whether your projects are over or under budget.
If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button in the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
To Allocate a Budget
- Click Admin > Clients > (Name of Client) > Staff Allocated to Client
- Select the Project that you wish to allocate budgets for (see below)
- Select the Period that you wish to allocate budgets for this project
- Select the Type of budgets that you wish to allocate to this project for this period
- Hours - A time budget
- Cost - A budget of cost of employing the staff to complete the work
- Bill Value - A budget of time at the appropriate selling rate
- Click Refresh, and then click Add New
- Select the Name of the first person that will be working on this project for this period, and then enter their allocated Budget. Next, click Update
- Click Add New to allocate the next person’s budget. Once you have allocated budgets for all the people that will be working on this project for this period, click Save
To Run a Budget Report
- With budgets now allocated, you can run a report at any time to see whether your projects are over or under budget. To do this, first, click Reports
- Under Client Reports, click on Actual v Budget Report or Budget v Actual Report
- Select the Project, the Period and the Type of budget that you wish to report upon, and then click Run
- The generated report will show you the allocated Budgets, the Actual expenditure and the Variance between the two
- Budgets cannot be allocated retrospectively – this is by design, to prevent users from tampering with budgets with the aim of producing reports that give a misleading overview of project performance.
- The Actual v Budget report and Budget v Actual report both show Similar data.
Actual v Budget report - Will show all actual time in Tempora with budgets if one has been set.
Budget v Actual- Will show all budgets in Tempora with actual recorded time if any has been recorded.
You may also be interested in the following guides