As a time approver, it is your responsibility to check and approve/reject timesheets for staff members in your approval group. You can approve or reject timesheets directly from the notification email or the guide below will show you how this can be done in Tempora.
If you are unable to complete any of the steps in this guide please use the Submit a request button in the top right of this page to contact our team for help.
- Click Admin:
- Click Timesheets >Time Approval > Time Approve:
- Select the name of the approval group and the week commencing for the timesheets to be approved:
- For each timesheet that is listed, select Reject or Approve accordingly:
- Click Save :
- You can view the timesheets that you have approved by changing the filter from Unapproved to Approved :
- Once a user’s timesheet has been approved, that user will see Timesheet Approved on their timesheet:
- Note that if a timesheet is rejected, then it will be automatically unposted, and the staff member will be able to correct their timesheet and resubmit it for approval. It is also possible to reject a timesheet after it has been approved.
Rejected timesheets can have a note emailed to the user explaining why it was rejected and what needs to be corrected.
This field lets you select a group you approve timesheets for, most time approvers have a single group.
This field can be used to select a week to see timesheets for, you can also use the left and right arrows to select the next or previous week.
With this option selected, only a single week's timesheets will be shown at a time.
With this option selected, all timesheets will be shown regardless of the week commencing date. This option will also disable the week-commencing selector as all weeks are shown.
With this option selected, only unapproved timesheets will be displayed.
With this option selected, only approved timesheets will be displayed.
This field displays the name of the staff member whose timesheet is being approved.
This field displays the department of the user whose timesheet is being approved.
This field shows the timesheet week that has been sent for approval.
This field shows the number of hours completed for the timesheet week.
This field shows the number of hours that should be completed for the timesheet week.
Clicking the view button will open a pop-up window allowing you to review the timesheet.
Selecting this radio button will reject the timesheet when you click save. This will also open the Reject note box.
Selecting this radio button will approve the timesheet when you click save.
When reject is selected for a timesheet this box will be displayed, you can enter a note which will be attached to the timesheet rejection email when you click save.
You may also be interested in the following guides